The more macho male pretends he has no interest in gardening or using gardening equipment. It is, however, a fact that most men do take pride in their gardens and enjoy working with both innovative tools and basic equipment. Gardening gifts for men cover the whole spectrum from the man with green fingers, to the man who just potters in the shed, to those who simply cook on the barbecue. The range of gardening presents for men available in hardware stores, garden centres and on-line can be mind boggling so it is best to choose a gardening gift for a man which is practical, affordable, appropriate to the size of your garden and which will be used by him and not simply left in the shed.
The alternative of course is to choose a gift for him which is decorative or indeed a garden accessory which will complement your garden design. If the man in your life definitely is not green fingered and shows little enthusiasm to help in the garden then perhaps the ideal present for him is a hammock to relax in or a barbecue which he can be in charge of when dining al fresco. If on the other hand he is green fingered, loves the garden and appreciates gifts why not be innovative and give him a one year subscription to a well known and respected garden magazine. These are normally filled with handy tips, informative articles and stories about well known gardens and gardeners. They also display and comment on gardening gifts so perhaps he can tell you which gardening gift he would like for Christmas or his birthday.
The normal range of gardening gifts are easily viewed on-line or visible in your local garden centre.
Let’s look however at some more innovative gardening presents for men.
• Solar powered weather station is a great gift for the gardener who likes to track local weather patterns and keep records. Many of these are quite cheap but will give min and max temperatures, humidity, wind speed and direction plus rainfall.
• Birdcam as a gardening gift will give him much pleasure as he watches the birds that live in his garden and those birds who visit the garden. Birds nesting and the chicks being born is always exciting to watch.
• Bin stacking worm composting system into which you firstly add the worms and then the kitchen scrapings on a daily basis.
• Small chipper shredder which will handle garden debris and branches up to 3″ in diameter.
• Every man would like a gardening gift of a leaf mulcher as he suddenly thinks he is Mr Action man.
There are of course a whole range of accessories which make wonderful gardening gifts for the man in your life as well as making a statement in your yard. These can be items such as furniture, ornaments, garden lanterns and water features.
One gift for men which is timeless is the bird table. If gardening is his absolute passion why not push the boat out and fund a trip to the Chelsea Flower Show. One thing is clear there are gardening gifts for men to suit all budgets.